Backstrap Weaving Workshop in Panajachel
Backstrap Weaving Workshop:
- Meet with your personal indigenous master weaver
- Create your own scarf or wall adornment design by picking up to 5 colors
- Stretch the thread around the warping board to create the design
- Prepare the backstrap loom
- Backstrap weave and keep your woven work of art
1 day, 1 week, or 2 week options are available.
Time: from 9 am to 3 pm (flexible)
Price: for information about our prices, please contact us.
The artisans are paid a fair wage for their time and involvement in each of the activities. Proceeds support our social community programs. (Pricing includes a tax donation receipt for US citizens)
Tours are in English and Spanish.
Included: Round trip transportation from Maya Traditions office to the community and typical lunches (vegetarian and vegan meals available upon request).
Tours are customizable. Homestay, private transportation, and other services can be arranged.