Interested in carrying Maya Traditions in your store? We would love to be a part of your collection! Our products are designed for socially-conscious consumers who value high quality handmade products in line with current trends and modern aesthetics. WFTO Guaranteed Fair Trade since January, 2017. Check out our current wholesale catalog here.
Through partnering with Maya Traditions, our artisans, and the sale of our Fair Trade products, you will directly be involved in:
- Sharing and persevering traditional Maya designs and techniques adapted to the modern marketplace.
- Empowering indigenous women to become agents of change in their communities.
- Supporting entrepreneurs and small businesses that value fair and just trade.
- Maya Traditions works with rural women artisans of Maya descent in the Highlands of Western Guatemala.
- The purchase of textiles produced by these artisans provides an income that helps strengthen communities and preserve a dying art: backstrap weaving.
- >No two items are exactly alike and variations in color, size, and shape do occur.
- Products made with natural dyes may have color variations depending on the batch from which they were produced.
- Handmade imperfections in the textiles are not considered defects.
- We require a $500 minimum opening order, with a 50% deposit required to being production.
- Maya Traditions operates on a made to order basis. Most orders require 35-45 days to fulfill.
- Although Maya Traditions does not have a maximum order amount, we do have a limit of production capacity.
- We offer express shipping services worldwide!
Frequently Asked Questions (click + for the answer to each question)
Contact us for more information
Maya Traditions products are of the highest quality and beautifully designed. We admire all that they are doing to empower artisans and give back to their communities.